Advertisement


What's data mining all about??

I was so tired of my regular job as an admin for my office and was in search of a career change.The next search didn't have any priorities like salary hike or better job environment.All I wanted was a non technical,no pressure,less strenuous and no target reaching job with a decent pay.When i googled this,I found a job profiles for data miners.I was quite confused over this term since it didn't look real to me.I did some research and found out a few details regarding this job.This job wasn't so bad as long as we had google in our finger tips.I also did a review on some of the data mining topics.

What is data mining?

Data mining topics are not widely spoken of by many people but there is a good demand for this kind of job.The job involves collecting/mining data from various sources and extracting a pattern from the data acquired.It is used in the field of marketing,market trends,discovery and research studies.It helps large companies in surveying trends and increase sales according to the type of customers they have.

Web data mining tools

The Web data mining tools is the application of data mining topics to discover patterns from the web.This is precisely what i do right now for a living.There are three types:

  • Web usage mining:Finding out what users are searching for online in the internet.
  • Web structure mining:Using graph theory to analyze the HTML/XML tag usage.


0 comments to "What's data mining all about??"

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

About This Blog

Web hosting for webmasters